Marijuana Organization & Resources
NORML’s mission is to move public opinion sufficiently to legalize the responsible use of marijuana by adults, and to serve as an advocate for consumers to assure they have access to high quality marijuana that is safe, convenient and affordable.
Marijuana prohibition has failed. It’s time for a new approach, and MPP is leading the way. Since our founding in 1995, we’ve been making real progress in reforming U.S. marijuana laws, by:
- Lobbying for legislation and running ballot initiative campaigns to allow seriously ill patients to use medical marijuana with their doctors’ recommendations
- Lobbying for legislation and sponsoring ballot initiatives to replace marijuana prohibition with a sensible system of regulation
- Garnering widespread media coverage of the need to change marijuana policies
- Lobbying Congress to reduce the White House drug czar’s budget for his deceptive ad campaigns
- Building coalitions of supportive individuals and organizations to advocate on behalf of marijuana policy reform
- And much more
Because MPP believes that the greatest harm associated with marijuana is prison, we focus on removing criminal penalties for marijuana use, with a particular emphasis on making marijuana medically available to seriously ill people who have the approval of their doctors.
We know that real change takes more than good ideas, and so MPP is all about getting results — changing policies and laws. Please learn about some of our major accomplishments.
And if you are one of the millions of Americans who agrees that it’s time to stop arresting marijuana users, please consider donating to our work. We are making real progress — but we are 100% reliant on donations from people like you to push forward in our work. Still not sure? Read some of the reasons to donate here.
Want to know more about MPP Foundation before donating? Click here for additional charity information.
Moms for Marijuana is a grassroots network and organization of parents and other citizens across the world who are concerned with the ignorant war that continues to be fought against the Cannabis (Hemp or Marijuana) plant, and how it is negatively affecting the future generations of this earth.
We focus on raising awareness, promoting education, and creating discussion regarding every variety and use of Cannabis. We stand together to demand that it is time to thoroughly research and openly discuss the numerous benefits of this plant.
It is Moms for Marijuana’s beliefs:
- That the Cannabis plant is a renewable, sustainable, and versatile resource that has been overlooked and distorted for too long. All around the world, the truth about Cannabis is being realized and it is time for our governments to start discussing and changing all Cannabis laws to reflect the will of the people.
- That our governments should research and utilize all the potential benefits of this plant, and encourage locally grown Cannabis products be made available to the public through a taxed and regulated market.
- That as with all drugs, Marijuana should not be used by developing minds under the age of legal consent, without parental guidance, as well as the recommendation and continous evaluation by a licensed medical physician.
- That the access our children have to the drug, Marijuana, can be drastically reduced through legalization and regulation. In order to keep this drug out of the hands of our kids, Marijuana needs to be taken off of streets and away from the black market.
- That our children should be educated on all aspects of Cannabis; from the thousands of medical, recreational, industrial, agricultural, environmental, spiritual, and economic benefits – to the repercussions, risks and history associated with the Cannabis plant.