Vermont’s official government site providing the rules and regulations in the state can be found at: http://vcic.vermont.gov/
Senate Bill 76 became law in the absence of the governor’s signature in 2004 and took effect later that year. Eligible physicians must sign up with Vermont’s mandatory, confidential registry, which also issues identification cards.
- Illnesses: HIV/AIDS; cancer; multiple sclerosis; any disease or medical condition that produces severe cachexia, pain, nausea or seizures
- Possession: 2 ounces of usable marijuana
- Cultivation: Two mature and/or seven immature marijuana plants
- Dispensaries: Not allowed under current law
- Statute: Vermont Stat. Ann. tit. 18, 4471– 4474d